Cleaning and Care Instructions
Proper cleaning and maintenance are vital to ensure your centerpin keeps working its best. Majestic Reels suggests the following for cleaning and maintenance:
1) It is best to check the center screw on the spool before every outing to make sure it is snug. If your center screw is ceramic coated, we would suggest putting tape over what you use to tighten / untighten the center screw to avoid scratches.
2) If you need to remove the handles, it is advised to unscrew the nuts from inside the spool first before loosening the handle screws. If your handle screws are ceramic coated, we suggest putting tape over what you would use to untighten / tighten the handle screws to avoid scratches. Please use caution when doing this.
3) It is NOT recommended that you try to remove the screw on the back plate (domed back plates do not have the screw). You could potentially damage the screw, shaft, and/or backplate. Please contact Majestic Reels if you need to remove the back plate screw.
4) If you need to lubricate your bearings, it is suggested to use one drop of a light speed bearing oil. Do not oil the bearings frequently or use too much oil as over oiling the bearings may alter their performance. Do not use grease or any other lubricant that is not specific for ball bearings.
5) Do not use the clicker as a drag because it was not designed for that purpose. Majestic Reels will not cover any repairs under the warranty if it is found that the clicker was used inappropriately.
6) Do try your best to avoid getting sand, grit, etc. in the centerpin. If you do need to clean your centerpin, do not use a machine cleaner or any other harsh, abrasive cleaner. Use of these types of cleaners may damage the anodizing. We suggest using a mild soap and water and use a clean microfiber towel or other soft, non-abrasive, lint free cloth. You may also put a light coat of WD40 on the centerpin and leave it on for a few minutes before washing off to help clean the spool and back plate.
Please contact Majestic Reels if you have any questions regarding cleaning and maintenance.